Monday, January 2, 2012

How To Ensure Safety of Tourists

I recently came back from a short trip in Japan and given my hopeless capability in speaking the Japanese language, it became a convenient habit of me to approach anyone and converse in English hoping that the locals could understand what I was trying to say and respond in kind.

As someone who often looks out for common building features and observing cultures of other countries pertaining to disaster and emergency response, I would often find similar facilities (granted they follow their own Codes of Practices) as in Singapore.

However, I noted one thing that was definitely useful to tourists should a national emergency take place and folks like us would (at that point of time) be interested to know where we should go to ensure our own safety. In the pictures attached (taken while in Shinjuku), is a typical street map indicating an open safe refuge (or what most of us would call, a designated assembly area).

I doubt every country would have such commonly available info right on the streets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

EMSResponder.com: Fire Service EMS